In 1875, Henry Morton Stanley visited Buganda and had a meeting with Kabaka Mutesa one. After Stanley’s advice, Mutesa I wrote a letter to England requesting for the missionaries to come to Buganda. Following the invitation, between 1876 and 1877, the Church Missionary Society under the leadership of Reverend CT Wilson and Shergold Smith arrived in Buganda. Later in 1879, the Catholic White Fathers from France arrived under the leadership of Father Lourdel and Brother Amans. The Christian missionaries were invited because: style="font-size: large;">Mutesa I wanted to strengthen his position by acquiring guns from the missionaries. He expected the missionaries to teach him how to make his own guns. He expected the missionaries to train his soldiers and equip them with the best military skills To be able to use their influence and fight Bunyoro under Omukama Kabalega He was afraid of pressure from Egypt who wanted to colonize ...
the work is good
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU
Deletewelcome
DeleteThank you very much for helping me I request that you continue helping
ReplyDeleteThanks
ReplyDeleteThanks for help
ReplyDeletethank u very much
ReplyDeleteThanks
ReplyDeleteyah nigga
ReplyDeletehi
ReplyDeletehello
ReplyDeleteThanks slot bro
ReplyDeleteThank you
ReplyDeleteThank you
ReplyDeleteThanks it has helped me alot
ReplyDeletebless u
ReplyDeleteThanks
ReplyDelete